Sunday, April 26, 2015

39. Lazy Advertising

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHr07QRK0B8

Dolce and Gabanna - Light Blue

This commercial is the definition of lazy advertising.  Dolce and Gabanna are literally using purely sex to sell this product.  In one way it does kind of work because you can't look away and it does stick in your mind....proof that it sticks in your mind is that when I thought of lazy advertising I immediately thought of brands that use sex to sell their products and I immediately thought of the Dolce and Gabanna Light Blue commercials...so, in some ways I guess their laziness does work.  But, at the same time the commercial is kind of uncomfortable to watch and tells you nothing about the product.

What I gather from this commercial is two extremely good looking people have a ton of chemistry and want to have sex on a boat...but, the reason being because they are wearing Dolce Light Blue....not so much.  I understand that sex typically sells but, for this particular commercial it doesn't make me want to buy the product it makes me want to be the beautiful girl in the commercial or want to make out with the hot guy....neither of which will happen by purchasing and using their perfume.  I think this commercial could be done a lot more tastefully and that would make it much more effective.  But, the way it is now is definitely a lazy way to grab the attention of potential consumers.

No comments:

Post a Comment